Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The expansion lull.

It feels like we've really hit the lull in the expansion. You know, that time when nothing is certain enough to really get too excited and set it in stone, when we're all running around doing the pre-expansion events and quests, when things stop selling on the AH, and your gear starts to look faded and worn because you've been wearing the same tier for far too long. Yup, that would be it. 

I haven't really had much to say, and personally, enjoying the break to sort out where I want to take this blog in Cataclysm. I hardly know what I'm going to eat for lunch today, so it's a bit of a stretch, and since this blog is a bit of a "why not?" project, I think I'm going to let it roam free until I settle into a cozy little niche. But, I'd really like to stick to achievements, and gold-making mostly, but still toss in any interesting tid-bits about end-game, since that's a very important part of the game for me. I'd also like to make my posts about once every 2-3 days, but would prefer not to leave much time between if I can help it.

Until Cataclysm though, I highly doubt my posts will be that frequent, since there really isn't anything to post. MMO-Champion and Wowhead seem to be well on top of the Cataclysmic events, as well as WoW insider, so keep yourself updated with the excitement. Phase 2 began yesterday, and I suspect phase 3 will be approaching us soon, perhaps in about a week. 4.0.3, aka The Cataclysm, should occur about a week (probably during shut down) before the expansion launches. I'm pretty excited to go explore the new Azeroth on my low-level alts who have been patiently waiting to grow up.

Also, speaking of exploring... I was working on a fishing achievement, I know - such a slacker - and ended up starting to explore areas because I only have one or two subzones. Now, I'm nearly done Kalimdor, which will compete the achievement. Now would be an excellent time to work on this if you haven't yet, because it gives you a last chance to really explore Classic WoW how you would have back at level 60. There was a bit of nostalgia and some revenge on a few mobs that gave me trouble back in my noob days, but mostly it was a relaxing break from my hard pushing grind to finish off my goblin reputations and Ravenholt boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment