Thursday, January 20, 2011

So, yes, I've been away, and my last post had nothing to do with WoW at all, and I do apologize. I've been on a bit of a hiatus, and without going into too much personal detail, due to life being a royal pain, it's likely my posts will be a bit sporadic, as I have warned in the past.

On with the actual wow-related post.

I thought I would start with what I've been up to in-game the past week or so that I've been back into the game more regularly.

My main gold generating is currently gems, which I posted about awhile back. Raw gems, cut gems, rare gems and uncommon gems. Why gems? Because I like shiny things I suppose? If the price is right, I buy out whatever ore is at that right price. However, if ore is over my budget, I have a nice little stash, but we'll go into that bit later.

I'll be honest, there's no real rhyme or reason with my gemming, because my JC recipes are scattered. However, I do not sell cut uncommon gems, usually. I get more out of them as JC > Enchanting conversions, raw on JC daily days, or converting into uncut meta gems. Meta gems are one of my favourite gems to cut.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming patch that will bring in the new JC meta cuts. I've got both the recipe and the cut gem in my snatch (well waiting to be put there once it's actually in the live game data) so I can scan to catch the first recipe on the AH, or to see if anyone has any of them already.

Design: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond  Agile Shadowspirit Diamond
Design: Burning Shadowspirit Diamond   Burning Shadowspirit Diamond
Design: Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond  Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond

The last item I make with JC is Brazen Elementim Medallion. I know that this is currently better than any neck in game until Heroic Valiona and Theralion. It costs roughly 2500g to 3100g to craft, last time I crafted one, and sell for about 5000g+. It's a fair profit when you can support the crafting costs, so you likely will have little competition. I'm not sure whether it's sought after by other classes, or whether other classes are after other JC crafted items, sorry.

Cooking has also been a fair gold-generator, since a lot of people don't know about Fortune Cookies, or just don't like gambling for the price they are sold at. Fish, as always, is very popular, and no one really likes to fish. My guild is still trying to get to 10k fish for our Seafood Magnifique reward. Anyway, keep a snatch list on the prowl for raw materials to turn into buff foods. Fathom Eel can sometimes be found for less than 50g a stack, but other days there's none of the AH. It's end product Skewered Eel (agility) can sell for up to 500g a stack if the demand is right. I usually cook up and toss a stack or two of buff foods before I go for dinner on a typical server raid night.

Speaking of cooking, on the PTR patch notes, they're lowering some of the material requirements for feasts. This is great news for us, but likely not great if you're a fisherman. Sorry guys. :(

Aaaand speaking of farming. That's what I've been doing in my dull, boring afternoons. Whilst catching up on some seasons of various television shows, I sit on my death knight and farm my brains out. Herbs get sold, or made into flasks, potions or ink for DMF cards for my freaking "The Insane" title. Ore becomes a reserve stash for when I need it.

Alright, well hopefully I'll be back soon with a more exciting topic.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Fractella. Appreciate the tips, will look into Skewered Eel. I posted recently on the JC items:

    http://wowmidas.com/2011/01/05/jewelcrafting-the-346-items/

    As an update to that post, I'm now up to 5 level 346 recipes and I've had the most luck with the Brazen Elementium Medallion (like you), and with Elementium Moebius Band.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete